Monday, November 24, 2008

Our Economy and Construction

Good morning! It's been a while since I last blogged, so let me give you an update. Since I last blogged our country has just about slipped into a great depression seemingly overnight. I guess all that false wealth created by Wall St. has finally caught up with us. Oh well you know I'm just a builder so what could i possible know? I do know this - if we are in fact in a depression then we will have to build ourselves out of it with massive public works projects of an unprecedented level. Things like mass transit, alternative energy, new infrastructure etc. Our new President will certainly have his work cut out for him. It's kind of ironic that when I finally have a working Internet site the country gets into trouble and construction suffers. Custom jobs will now be harder to get and there will be more competition for the available work- thank goodness I like the work I do and don't mind different types of jobs within the construction industry... if necessary.
I'm working today on a walnut trim piece for a custom bar i built a couple s months ago that was kind of a fun ongoing creative project. Stay tuned for photos. lastly I am looking forward to the day someone posts a comment to one of my blogs. ( there will be a prize for that.) Ciao.

No comments: